Each morning, I open up the Freshly Pressed page – it is like newspaper with a cup of hot, masala tea to me! It is one web site that has more diversity than any workplace I have been in. It is a hot bed of creativity – carved and curved with diligence, hard work and original imagination of avant-grade bloggers.Why haven’t I made it up there, yet? I ask that question everyday and use it to help me to write better.
Some of the reasons for not showing up on Freshly Pressed may be (but not limited to):
- I am lazy when it comes to taking pictures. I overcome the deficit by writing a thousand words or more instead of putting a picture. It never does justice but it is easier.
- I love to repeat myself. It is not a good writing technique but it is what I like to do. I hate omitting unnecessary words because of my love of language. Editing is sometimes equivalent to being silent, for me.
- My prose is often like a loose dress hanging on a mannequin – you wish it was tighter somewhere but it just refuses to be so. I call it my “style”.
- My blog is about everything. Like a lot of things, I cannot commit to one genre of existence. I am everywhere I can be, within my head and life. That is also the reason, I keep changing themes. Restlessness is key.
- I don’t have my picture up – it is always good when fellow bloggers can identify with you as a person of the same species; else there is always room for doubt. Coming back to picture, it is work in progress. Maybe, someday. I do have a sketch though, that I drew a few years back. It remotely resembles me.
So, you see it will be quite an effort for me to get up there. But it remains a beautiful dream to enter into an elite club (with limited membership) and mark my little square with other esteemed writers. I will keep trying not for the sake of just getting there but remaining as a thoughtful reminder to many who can relate with my “stylish” craft of words, sketchy presence, lack of pictures and perhaps theirs.
In the meantime, I will just write.